See your artworks to scale in a virtual gallery space using Private Views
By default, 'View on a wall' uses the main artwork image, and scales it according to the artwork width, as entered in the artwork record using the 'Calculate' function. However, an override width and/or image can also be added specifically for use with View on a Wall.
Prepare your artwork settings
- Log into your Artlogic database > Artworks > find the artworks you wish to use.
- Click the pencil edit icon to open the artwork record you would like to activate 'View on a wall' for.
- In the Artwork tab, enter dimensions > click the 'Calculate' link below the field > ensure you 'Apply' your dimensions. This is essential for the 'View on a wall' feature.
- Next, head to the Private Views tab in the artwork record and turn on the 'Enable View on a wall' toggle.
- Click 'Save'.
Optional: choose an overriding image and/or width
In some cases, you may wish to override the size of the main image and/or the image itself. This could be helpful if, for example, you wanted to show a work in a frame. If you specify an override width, the size of the entire image will be scaled proportionally.
- Click 'Edit ‘View on a wall’ overrides' button to the right of the toggle
- You will be presented with the following options to add overrides:
- Click 'Save'.
Seeing 'View on a Wall' in action
- Go to a Private Views edit screen that you've made, which includes artworks that have 'View on a wall' enabled or create a new one.
- Open the shareable link to preview.
- Artworks with 'View on a Wall' enabled will be marked with the following label:
- Click on one of the works to view it in slideshow mode and select click on the 'View on a Wall' button: