Now that you have access your database, many functions and features will now be at your fingertips. However, knowing where to get started might seem overwhelming. This guide introduces you to the core features.
We have a number of videos explaining features in our databases on our Vimeo channel, found here: All Artlogic video tutorials.
The following videos will give you an overview of the system.
Understanding the basics of the database
Become a database power user
Start customising your new database systematically using the following steps.
1. Accessing your database
Example database URL: https://app.artlogic.net/XXXXX/ (encrypted and secure). Your unique URL is an encrypted form of connection that ensures your data is secure, like when using internet banking.
- Bookmark your URL address for easy access.
- Change your password to something secure once you have logged in via the user icon on the far right of the menu bar.. This is also where you can set up two-factor authentication (which will send a six-digit sequence to your phone each time you attempt to log in).
- Forgotten your password?
2. Manage your users (Artlogic Pro accounts only)
Info: Artlogic One accounts will need to get in touch in order to alter the one user that has access to their account.
3. Customise your system
- Customise the system so that Other > Admin > Template library contains appropriate headings and contents for your Shipping invoices, Consignment notes, etc.
- Add all typical information you may want to print on your invoices in Accounts > Value Lists > Invoice terms.
Set up document templates for your invoices, and for all other documents.
3. Upload contacts
Import your contacts in bulk or create new contact records individually by clicking Contacts > New record
4. Upload artworks
Import your artworks in bulk or create new artwork records by clicking Artworks > Views > All > New record
5. Create Private Views
Click here to learn how to create a Private View link or to send a private view to your app.
6. Offer artworks to clients
Create, send and track offered artworks following the steps here.
7. Sell artworks
Sell an artwork by flagging your chosen artwork record/s and clicking Sell/ Offer/ Share > Sell selected items... > Create an invoice by clicking OK.
For help selling items in your database, creating and editing invoices, click here.
8. Share artworks to your website (integrated clients only)
Integrated Artlogic clients can control which artworks are shared to their website and how, directly from their database. To help get started with your integrated website CMS, see our guide: Introducing your website.