Personalising documents and invoices
Create and upload template documents with your own headers, footers, fonts, and styles for your Artlogic invoices and documents.
Tip: if you have the multi-gallery add-on enabled in Artlogic, you can also create separate templates for each of your galleries.
Creating your template
Headers and footers
- Create a new Word document in the portrait format you prefer (A4 or US Letter) and double-click at the very top of the page to enable Headers and Footers.
- This is where your Header and Footer content should be positioned. You can add text and/or images. If you locate this in the body of the document you'll find that your templates will be blank on download, so please do not do this.
- After you've positioned any text or image files, it's time to set up your default font and font size.
Double-click on the body of the Word document to exit your header and footer. You'll find that the header and footer become slightly translucent and that you can type text into the document itself.
- Go to Format > Style through the main menu bar.
- Select 'Normal' in the menu of text styles, and select 'Modify'.
- Select your desired font and font size.
- Select 'OK' and then select 'Apply'.
Different types of documents
If you wish to use a separate template for your invoices, you can create another template following the same steps as above.
You can also create a template without headers and footers to be used as your blank template, this can be useful for documents that don't require headers and footers, such as the condition report forms and labels.
When you save these documents, make sure to use the .docx format with no spaces in the file name (dashes are allowed, examples below).
You'll need to refer to these filenames later. If you are using a lot of templates it can easily become confusing so do make sure they are saved with relevant names.
e.g. main-london.docx, blank-new-york.docx, invoice-paris.docx, ...
Some documents can be generated as PDFs instead of Microsoft Word documents (such as the Presentation document and invoices).
Note that only a limited number of fonts work with PDF generation. If you wish to export PDF presentations, invoices, and other reports, it is advisable to create separate templates using one of the following fonts.
- Times New Roman
- Franklin Gothic Book
- Helvetica Neue
- Lucinda Sans
- News Gothic MT
If these fonts aren't suitable, you are able to convert your standard word documents to PDF from your own computer.
Uploading your template
After creating your templates, you can upload them to your Artlogic database. After they're uploaded, you can check to see if your content is displaying correctly and amend your template as you require.
- Navigate to Other > Admin > Preferences > Core preferences.
- Scroll to Docx templates
- Upload your .docx templates using the 'Attach documents' button, and then select 'Save' at the bottom of the screen.
- After saving the page, you should see your template drop-down fields have expanded and your document file is listed in grey.
- Select your chosen templates using the relevant drop-down options.
- If you are using multiple gallery templates, you can upload them on the separate gallery preference tabs, linked at the top of the page.
- Finally, after selecting your templates in the drop-down menu for the three header and footer options indicated below, select 'Save' again and test your template on any of the documents in Artworks > Create...