Follow these steps to create an insurance report for artwork/s.
Go to your Artworks page:
- Find and flag artworks if you want to generate a report from a 'found set'.
- Documents/Reports... > Documents and Reports > Insurance report.
This will open an edit screen with fields regarding the artworks' general condition and its status and availability, which you can alter according to the report you wish to generate.
Here, you are able to alter what the database considers as 'Stock, or sale' or the other availabilities listed by clicking 'Change'. As you select different availabilities from list that appears, the database will update the worksheet accordingly.
Your insurance valuations for the Insurance report will be made from the following criteria.
If the artwork has an insurance valuation (in the artwork record's 'Financial tab') that has been specifically agreed, outside of the formulas below, then please enter this amount in the 'Agreed value' field below. This will override the automatic calculations.
- Stock, For Sale: Cost price (see 'Purchase/Stock') of the artwork plus 30%.
- Stock, Not for sale: Cost price of the artwork.
- On Consignment, For sale: The amount which you are liable to pay the owner (see 'On consignment/Consignor details'), plus 10%. This will either be a percentage of the retail price or a net value.
- On Consignment, Not for sale: The amount which you are liable to pay the owner. This will either be a percentage of the retail price or a net value.
- Sold Items: The sale price (see 'Sale details') of the artwork.
Export your file
Before you export your file, you are able to save your settings as a 'Default' to make the next insurance report you make even faster.
You are able to export your file into a Word doc or Excel file.
If you are creating a Word doc, you'll have the option to:
- Include images (n/a for reports with over 100 artworks).
- Separate pages by Stock / Availabilities.
- Include purchase details.
- Include a summary of total insurance values.
- Plus, your file will automatically download with your 'Main' document template, which you are able to manually adjust in Word if necessary.