Email your contacts from your Artlogic database
If you have Mailings activated in your Artlogic database, you are able to create and share emails to your contacts in a number of ways. This article will walk you through the steps needed to send an email.
Who can use this feature?
Send emails and offers through Contacts or Artworks
There are tools to allow you to share information with your clients through both the Contacts section and the Artworks section of your database.
The Sell/Offer/Share button at the bottom of your Artworks page allows you to email your found set of Artwork records to one or many contacts.
Click 'Email selected items' to send an email and record an offer.
The Send emails/offers button at the bottom of your Contacts page allows you to:
- Send an email.
- Record an offer.
- Send an email campaign. This option allows you to select a campaign that you’ve built through Sales & Marketing > Email Marketing Campaigns > Mailing campaigns to your found set of contact records. Make sure to search and flag every contact that you wish to send a campaign to before clicking 'Email found set'.
How to create and send bulk mailing campaigns
Email campaigns are created and sent using two distinct steps in your database. First, you will need to design an email to send and out and, after this, you will create a mailing campaign to send it.
Compose a new campaign
Create a mailing design by going to Sales & Marketing > Email Marketing Campaigns > Compose/edit Emails > New record.
Show composed mass emails and send a campaign by going to Sales & Marketing > Email Marketing Campaigns > Mailing Campaigns > New record.
Your contacts need to have the correct settings in order to receive your emails.
- Have an email address.
- Have the correct Mailings settings (in their contact record, under the tab 'Contact').
- Be selected as on your mailing list and to have not 'Unsubscribed' (as indicated by the 'Emailing list' checkbox).
- Not to be marked as 'deceased'.
- Not be listed as Bounced, see: Bounce management.
Please check the Contact record in Contacts > Contact record > Contact tab > scroll down to Mailing settings if you are in any doubt.