This article explains how to find and interpret your Mailing analytics.
Find your analytics in your database by going to Sales & Marketing > Email marketing campaigns > Email logs & analytics.
Understanding your analytics
Artlogic Mailings displays analytics that are generated through a third-party API service that we use called SendGrid, who process and deliver mailing campaigns.
The following statuses can be seen in your analytics:
The recipients list will only include people who
a) have an email address
b) are 'on the email list' and
c) have not clicked an 'unsubscribe' link in an email.
This refers to emails with valid email addresses that have not previously bounced (you can manage this in the Bounce management tool in your database).
This event is listed when SendGrid has received an individual message and prepares it to be delivered. 'Think of this as the top of the funnel-unless it is dropped (SendGrid's definitions), each message you push to SendGrid will create a processed event.'
These are the emails that successfully landed in their intended email clients. I.e. out of the sent, those that did not bounce.
How emails were opened after delivery (this can include single emails being opened multiple times).
How many times the links within an email have been clicked (including single links being clicked multiple times).
These are confirmed as having not reached the email client (you can manage this in the Bounce management tool in your database).
- Date/time: The date and time that the log was recorded.
- Event: Processed/Delivered/Open/Clicked/Bounced logs as per Sendgrid's definitions available at https://sendgrid.com/docs/glossary/
- Email: The email address of the recipient.
- Subject: The subject of your email.
- Month: A link to all logs for that calendar month.
- Campaign: A link to the mailing campaign record (if the log is a result of a campaign).
- Contact: A link to the Contact record if that email address has a Contact record.
- Artworks: Link/s to the Artwork record/s sent to that contact if available (for example, from an Offer email).
- Clicked artwork: A link to the artwork/s the contact clicked on (for example, from an Offer email).
- Clicked URL: A link to the URL the contact clicked on (for example, and RSVP link).
- Info: This column will show further information if the email bounced, if the email address is invalid, etc.
Better understand many of these terms and more here: https://sendgrid.com/blog/the-nine-events-of-email/
The difference between 'recipients' and 'sent'
The difference between the total number of recipients in your campaign and the number of logged 'sent' emails is likely due to the emails being:
a) filtered out as duplicates.
b) dropped, potentially because they had bounced previously. SendGrid do not attempt to send to those email addresses again as this helps maintain the sending domain and IP reputation.
View activity of an individual campaign
Go to 'Email campaigns sent' in your database (Sales & Marketing > Email marketing campaigns > Email logs & analytics > Email Activity) and select 'View Activity' to view analytics specific to your campaign.
Bounced email management
Why do some in the 'Contact' field have “view” listed and others don’t?
This is usually because there are no Contact records for those email addresses - they were likely sent as test emails.
We want to see who has opened the mail and who hasn’t, is there a way to find this out?
In Artlogic analytics you can only view who has opened the email. To do this, go to Sales & Marketing > Email Marketing Campaigns > Email logs & analytics > Email campaigns sent, then select 'View activity' for your chosen email and then select 'Opened' from the drop-down menu:
Is there a video tutorial on your Vimeo page for this?
Unfortunately, there isn't a video as yet for this set of features.