Embed media into your website
This article explains how to add media to your website by embedding content from media hosting sites into the text field of your chosen record/page.
What media can I host on my website using embed codes?
Embed codes allow you to share many different types of media to your website using a snippet of code. This code will be provided by another website that hosts the content for you. Using specialist hosting sites means you will get the best possible serving for the many different types of multimedia content you share on your site.
While generally most embed codes should work well with our sites out of the box, sometimes less commonly used hosts will apply styling that is not compatible with your template website. Please note that we are generally not able to change our designs to accommodate these cases.
Some examples of content you may add to your site using embed codes include:
- Video - we recommend using Vimeo and YouTube embed codes
- Audio - you can embed audio from services such as SoundCloud and Spotify
- Virtual publications - some services, such as Issuu allow you to embed virtual publications
- Augmented Reality - this is often used to create virtual exhibitions
- Appointment booking systems
- Login to your Artlogic CMS.
- Find the page that you wish to add your video to (for example, CMS > Records > Exhibitions > All exhibitions > Edit).
- Go to the record's/page's main content field, where you'll find a Text Editor Toolbar; select 'Embed code'.
- Go to your media hosting platform and copy the embed code.
- Next, paste this embed code into the Embed code field and click 'Embed' and 'Save'.