This article explains how to embed videos, create Video records, and add high definition videos to your homepage.
Embed a video
You are able to copy and paste your video embed code from either YouTube or Vimeo using the designated 'Video embed code' fields that exist throughout the Records in your CMS.
These include Records such as: Artists, Blog, Events, Exhibitions, and Video.
No 'Video embed code' field?
You can embed videos in your every pages via text fields like 'Main Page Content' or 'Overview', or within a Feature Panel.
Click here to learn how to embed your video into a text field: Add video or audio to a body of text in your website.
Create video records
Add video records by going: Records > Video > New record > Complete the fields, including entering your YouTube/Vimeo video embed code.
If you have a Videos page on your site, your video records could look like this: https://aspect2.artlogic.net/video/.
Modify how your Video records appear
Go to 'Other records'
You are able to edit the overall appearance and layout of these records by going to your CMS > Settings > Settings > Sections > Other Records and scroll to Video.
Videos on the homepage
If you want to have a video on your homepage, you'll need to consider getting a Vimeo Pro account where you can host your video and copy the filepath to play on the website homepage. This provides a higher resolution that suits the dimensions required and allows the video to loop automatically.
- Upload your video to your Vimeo Pro account and wait for it to be processed.
- Open the 'Settings' page for the video, click the 'Distribution' tab followed by 'Video file links' on the left-hand side.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the options to find the option 'High def (mp4, 960x540)' or similar, press the 'Copy link' button.
- Go to you Artlogic CMS > Settings > Homepage > Slideshow type > Fullscreen video
- Paste the link into Settings > Homepage > Homepage video > paste video filepath (not embed code) from Vimeo Pro.
Recommended homepage video specs
- Maximum run time of 10 seconds
- Maximum quality of 720p
Homepage videos on mobile devices
Mobile devices do not support video streaming on website homepages. Browsers make this purposefully difficult as it tends to use up mobile data.