Install your artworks in a virtual space and share them using Private Views
'View on a wall' functionality helps users better to visualise an artwork by representing it to scale on a gallery wall.
By default, 'View on a wall' uses the main artwork image, and scales it according to the artwork width, as entered in the artwork record using the 'Calculate' function. However, an override width and/or image can also be added specifically for use with 'View on a Wall'.
Prepare your artwork settings
- Open the artwork you would like to activate 'View on a wall' for
- Check you have added dimensions > click the 'Calculate' link below the 'Dimensions' field > click 'Apply'
- On the Private Views tab, turn on the 'Enable View on a wall' toggle.
- Click 'save'
Options: choose an override image and/or width
In some cases, you may wish to override the size of image and/or the image itself. This could be helpful if, for example, you wanted to show a work in a frame. If you specify an override width, the size of the entire image will be scaled proportionally.
- Click 'Edit ‘View on a wall’ overrides' button to the right of the toggle
- You will be presented with the following options to add overrides:
- Click 'Save'.
Viewing the artwork on a wall in a Private View link
- Go to a Private View you've already made that includes works that have 'View on a wall' enabled or create a new one
- Open the shareable link to preview
- Works with 'View on a Wall' enabled will clearly be marked with the following label:
- Click on one of the works to view it in slideshow mode
- Click on the 'View on a Wall' button: