This guide will walk you through how to import artworks in bulk from your Artsy CMS into your Artlogic database in one simple step.
Before enabling the Import tool
- You must have already enabled the Artlogic + Artsy Integration setup and authorised the connection with your Artsy account. There will be no need to connect artworks and artists if you use the import tool.
- We recommend using the import tool exclusively if you have no artworks in Artlogic already, to avoid issues with duplicate artworks.
This tool will be useful to you if you use Artsy as your only database. If the artworks entered in Artsy are also entered in another database system we recommend using our standard import tool - the guide linked here will help you through the steps.
This import creates new Artlogic records based on your current Artsy CMS artwork records. Repeating the import will not update artwork records which have previously been imported via this process and will create duplicates in your Artlogic database.
Enable the Import tool
- Log in to your Artlogic database.
- Go to Artworks > Tools > Import artworks from Artsy. The wizard that opens will provide further information on the tool and the fields that will be imported.
- Click 'Next' to begin. On this screen you can confirm the number of artworks and artists records that will be imported.
- Select 'Import from Artsy'.
Delete imported records
Once the import is complete, you can view a log of this under Other > Admin > Logs > Import logs.
On this screen you can delete imported records by clicking on the top flag icon > selecting 'Add to flagged' > Update/Delete multiple > Delete multiple.
How long will the import take?
The time it takes to complete the import process depends on the number of artists and artworks you have in your Artsy CMS. For galleries with 100 artworks and 50 artists on the system, it may take approximately 5 minutes to complete.
If you'd like more guidance, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org