Once the latest version of Sales Pipeline is enabled in your database, the offers you have created via the PrivateViews app can now automatically sync to your Sales Pipeline. You'll also be able to change an artwork's availability from within the app and see this reflected in your database. This gives you and your team more freedom to make changes on the go.
How to begin
Firstly, it's useful to know the distinction between the two different types of PrivateViews login types:
- Standard login: All clients without the latest Sales Pipeline and/or any users without a Sales Pipeline licence, will need to use the standard PrivateViews login. In this case, your PrivateViews app username and password are different from your individual Artlogic Database login details and are universal for your whole company.
Struggling to login?
- Sales Pipeline login: Any users with the latest version of Sales Pipeline and with a Sales Pipeline licence will be able to use the 'Artlogic Database Login' option, when logging into the app. This is a dedicated login for this type of user (who can also use the Standard login if they wish). Skip to the next section for further instructions.
In order for someone to access the Sales Pipeline options available in the PrivateViews app, the user must have a Sales Pipeline licence. Ensure your user has a Sales Pipeline licence.
Sales Pipeline user PrivateViews app login
To login to your PrivateViews app with access to the Sales Pipeline features, you'll need to do so with your personal Artlogic database login credentials following the steps below.
- If you are already logged in to PrivateViews on your iOS device, you'll need to log out as a new login method is required.
- Open your app and at the log in screen, select 'Artlogic database login'.
- Enter app.artlogic.net/youraccountID, and then your personal username and password.
These should be the same login details you would use to access your Artlogic database (app.artlogic.net/accountID) and they should be unique to you (unlike the standard PrivateViews login, which is universal to your company's PrivateViews app).
- Click 'Login'.
- For a broad intro to your PrivateViews app, click here.
Info: If you are having difficulty logging in, ask an admin user in your organisation to ensure your user permissions are set up correctly and that your account has sufficient PrivateViews app device licences.
Please also ensure that the database login link is in this exact format: 'app.artlogic.net/youraccountID'.
Sending, creating and recording offers
While it was already possible to send/email artworks via the PrivateViews app, for those using Sales Pipeline, it is possible to have these offered artworks record in Sales Pipeline.
- Log in to the PrivateViews app (as explained above).
- Find and select your chosen artwork/s.
- Click the "Share" icon.
- Click Email this work.
- Add your recipient, additional contact information, and construct your email.
Important: For Sales Pipeline to automatically recognise an existing contact, ensure the contact's additional information matches exactly. If you enter an unfamiliar email address and additional information, the system will create a new contact record in your database, which can be edited further in your database.
- Enable 'Create offer in Artlogic automatically'. This is the option that will record your offer to Sales Pipeline.
- Once you have completed and sent your email in your device, you'll see it appear as an offer record in Sales Pipeline.
Change the availability of an artwork from PrivateViews
Admin users must decide which artwork availabilities can be modified in the app via Other > Admin > Preferences > Private Views.
For example, if 'All marked as available' is ticked (as pictured below), any artwork in the app that has the availability 'Available' can be marked as reserved or sold/other directly from the app. However, if only this option has been ticked, any works already marked as reserved or sold/other, can not be modified in the app.
- Log in to PrivateViews (as explained above).
- Choose the artwork you'd like to modify.
- Click the "Share" icon.
- Select Change availability.
- Choose between Available, Reserved, Sold, and Other.
- Choosing Reserved will open options to select who it is reserved for and for how long.
- Choosing Sold will ask you to input who it was sold to and on what date.
- Click 'Continue' when you're ready.