Shipping invoices allow you to generate a list of artworks for a shipment, as well as allowing you to auto-populate these details into the artwork record as a consignment or loan agreement would. To make a Shipping invoice, log in to your database and follow the instructions below.
It is important to note that when you generate the document, this will trigger the following shipping and location details in the artworks to update if they are filled in. If needed you can always keep this in draft mode, and generate the document through the activity timeline when the time comes.
The recipient will feed into both 'Current location' and 'Shipped to' fields
Any past location and shipping details will automatically get moved to the corresponding history fields
- Go to your Artworks.
- Find and flag the artworks you wish to create a shipping invoice with.
- Click Create... > Document/Reports...
- Under Documents & Reports click Shipping invoice.
- Title the document, complete the fields and add any document templates.
- Click 'Save document and record shipment' if you wish to save the document, create an activity timeline record and, once generated, update the artwork's shipping details.
- Action > Generate shipping invoice. This will download a Word doc version of your invoice, which you're able to further customise in Word.