This article guides you through the various ways to create and generate invoices and other frequently asked questions about the feature.
How to sell an item
See this guide for how to sell an item in your database.
Editing your invoice
Once you have chosen your artwork/s to sell, you are able to make further edits to your invoice.
- Add a contact to whom the invoice will be addressed.
- Add artworks and reorder your selection.
- Choose the invoice type between standard, margin scheme or three-way split.
- Change currency (this will give you an exchange rate and you are able to show two currencies side by side.
- Customise your currencies by going to Accounts > Value lists > Currencies
- Add VAT, discounts (which can be done for overall invoice or per artwork (monetary or percentage) and artist resale rights.
- Customise you VAT rates by going to Accounts > Value lists > Tax statuses.
- Edit the display settings, like enabling headers and footers.
- Add sundry items.
- Add invoice terms.
Generate your sales invoice
When you have finished editing your invoice, complete your invoice by firstly clicking Save > Action > Generate sales invoice.
Generating your invoice will sell the artwork/s, which will automatically update your artwork records and associated contacts. It will also allow you to download your chosen invoice as a Word doc or PDF. You can then save this on your system as a pdf, for example, and send it to your clients.
Editing already generated invoices
You are able to make edits to the content of your invoice, including to the artworks, after they have been generated.
In order to show any edits made to invoices that were previously generated you will need to click Regenerate invoice to update relevant records. This option allows you to update payments, to see payment history and to create credit notes.
View your invoice history
- 1. Go to your Accounts > Invoices
- 2. Accounts > Accounts records
Here you will be able to see your individually sold artworks.
Find and download your account reports
- Accounts > Accounts reports and exports
- Then, add specific details of the invoices you wish to create a report of.
- Download report
- Choose from the list of 11 different report types, such as 'custom export', which will reveal all associated data. This allows you to
By clicking Export all data from the spreadsheet created, you will generate your excel file, which you can then import into your relevant accounting software (i.e. Sage, Xero, QuickBooks etc). It is worth noting that we do not currently integrate with any accounting software.