This guide will explain in two steps how to add videos to artwork records in your database and also how to embed them in your manual Private Views links.
1. Copy the embed code
- Upload your video on Vimeo or YouTube.
- Click on it's Share button (on Vimeo this is the paper aeroplane symbol).
- Click on the "< >" icon or go to 'Embed' in the pop-up window.
- Copy this code, you'll need it for the next step.
2. Add the link to the Artwork record
- Log into your Artlogic database.
- Go to Artworks and locate your chosen artwork record (it is not possible to perform an Update multiple for videos).
- Click on the 'pencil edit' icon to edit the artwork record.
- Go to the Images tab.
- Paste the copied link into 'Video embed code'.
- Click Save.
Allow people to play your artwork's video in your private view link
To allow your client to play the video when viewing your Private View link in their browser, you need to select the relevant box in the Images tab of the Artwork record (see image below).
Sync your video to your integrated website
For clients that have an integrated Artlogic website, artworks with an embedded video will see that if the artwork record is shared with and is visible on the website, that its video will automatically be displayed under its 'Further images'.
To 'Display video on website and Private Views in place of detail image', and thereby have the video as its main image, tick this field in the 'Images' tab of the artwork record in your database: