This guide will explain in two steps how to add videos to artwork records in your database and also how to embed them in your manual Private Views links.
Video requirements: For your video to be added to an artwork record in the database and then shared alongside the artwork in a Private View, it must be hosted on either Vimeo or Youtube.
1. Copy the embed code
- Upload your video to Vimeo or YouTube
- Click the Share button (on Vimeo this is the paper aeroplane symbol)
- Click on the "< >" icon or go to 'Embed' in the pop-up window
- Copy this code (you'll need it for the next step)
2. Add the link to the Artwork record
- Log into your Artlogic database
- Go to Artworks and locate your chosen artwork record (it is not possible to perform an Update multiple for videos)
- Click on the pencil icon to edit the artwork record
- Go to the Images tab
- Paste the copied link into the Video embed code field
- Click Save
Allow people to play your artwork's video in your private view link
To allow your client to play the video when viewing your Private View link in their browser, you need to select the relevant box in the Images tab of the Artwork record (see image below).
Warning: For videos to appear in manually created Private Views links, you need to re-save the Private View. To do this, simply go to your manual Private View (Artworks > Private Views > All), make a small change, like adding a space to a text field, and click the now blue 'Save' button.
Sync your video to your integrated website
For clients with an integrated Artlogic website, embedded videos will automatically display under an artwork's 'further images' when the artwork is shared and visible on the website.
To show a video as the main image for an artwork, navigate to the Images tab of the relevant artwork record in your database, then tick Display video on website and Private Views in place of detail image.