Share your documents in a Private Views link and in the PrivateViews app
In Artlogic Database, documents can be uploaded to almost all records using the 'Attach documents' buttons (e.g. under ‘Provenance, Exhibitions & Literature’ on the Artwork edit screen).
Share to the PrivateViews app
In addition, documents uploaded to an Installation Views record or an Artist record can be shared to Private Views (both the app and private views links). Please navigate to the Share tab in the edit screen of your chosen artwork record and decide which documents to share via the 'Document sharing options' section.
Documents added to an Artist record can only be shared to your Private Views app.
This example will focus on documents in an Artist record, but the principle is the same for Installation Views and Private Views.
- Navigate to Artists and locate your chosen Artist record.
- To open the edit screen: click on the cover image for your chosen Artist record and select Edit Artist, or click the pencil (edit) icon.
- Scroll to the bottom of the edit screen, to the Documents section.
- Click Upload and select your document/s.
- For the documents you'd like to display in the PrivateViews app, select the Export checkbox.
- Open the Private Views app on your device. Wait until the Updates have run in your Private Views app, and then select the artist in your Private Views app (make sure the artist has been selected to have automatic Private Views created in the iPad/iPhone synchronisation settings).
- Select the Documents tab to access your document/s.
These documents can be emailed to your clients via the Private Views app.
Customise your document
In Artist, Private Views and Installation Views records you have the option to customise how your document will appear by clicking 'Manage documents'.
Rename your document
You're able to rename the documents using the Filename for serving column. This new label will display in place of the document filename.
Add a cover image
Select Actions to add a cover image to your document to replace the default file icon.
PDF and Word documents will display differently
Documents sent to your Private Views app will look different depending on whether they are Word or PDF files.
PDFs will display as follows, with a new page selector at the bottom of your screen showing thumbnail previews of each page:
Word documents will display as a single-scroll document.
Please note: If you upload the same document twice (even if the filename is different) and try to add two different cover images to each instance, you'll find that the most recent cover image uploaded will be used for both instances. The same applies to ‘Filename for serving’.