How to create and share your Installation views
Share your images in a Private Views link and in the PrivateViews app.
These can be linked to an Artist record (e.g. studio shots, general 'in situ' images) or a Private Views record (e.g. exhibition views, art fair booths, walkabout documentation, etc).
How to create an Installation view
In the main menu, navigate to Artworks > Views > Installation views
Select New Record to get started.
- Give your Installation View a heading and a caption to describe the context.
- Select the relevant Artist(s) to associate with this Installation View.
- Make sure to select Add to automatic Private Views of selected artists if you'd like to display this Installation View in your Private Views app.
Scroll down to the Images section of the edit screen, and upload your selected images.
Once you've uploaded your images, upload any documents you'd like to attach and/or share with your clients. Please note: The maximum image sizes for Artlogic Database are 6000x6000 pixels and 15MB.
For documents you'd like to display in the PrivateViews app, select the Export checkbox. These documents can be emailed to your clients via the app.
Enable Installation in Private View links
- Artworks > Private Views > All
- Click the pencil to edit your private view
- In your Private View settings, click 'Add item' and choose 'Add Installation View'
- Search for and select your Installation view
- Click save
If your Installation view has not appeared, click 'Appearance' in your Private View settings and enable the Installation views tab.
See Installation in the PrivateViews app
- Open the Private Views app on your device.
- Wait until the updates have appeared in the updates section at the bottom of the app and then navigate to the artist (make sure the artist has been selected to have automatic Private Views created in the iPad/iPhone synchronisation settings in the database as described above).
- Select the Installation views tab to access your Installation View and any documents within it.
Customise your document
In Artist, Private Views and Installation Views records you have the option to customise how your document will appear by clicking 'Manage documents'.
Rename your document
You're able to rename the documents using the Filename for serving column.
This new label will display in place of the document filename.
Add a cover image
Select Actions to add a cover image to your document to replace the default file icon.
PDF and Word docs will display differently
Documents sent to your Private Views app will look different depending on whether they are Word or PDF files.
PDFs will display as follows, with a new page selector at the bottom of your screen with thumbnail previews of each page:
Word documents will display as a single-scroll document.
Please note: if you upload the same document twice (even if the filename is different) and try and add two different cover images to each instance, you'll find that the most recent cover image uploaded will be used for both instances. The same applies to ‘Filename for serving’.