This article explains how we would tackle a breach of data depending on its severity and how we advise our clients how to maximise the security of their accounts
Breaches of data
Regarding any breach of data, the exact sequence of steps that we would follow would depend on the type of breach.
The steps we'd take
- All relevant information would first be escalated to Artlogic’s directors who judge the severity of the breach.
- They would consider how many people were affected, the nature of the data, how it was revealed and to whom and in what way the data subject's privacy, rights and freedoms were compromised.
- The directors would consult with the client in the event of a breach and report this to the regulatory authorities where relevant.
- Thereafter, we would work with the client to notify the data subjects and a full investigation would take place.
- Naturally, steps would be taken to resolve any security issue, and to prevent future occurrences, and all affected parties would be updated accordingly.