Using the 'Resolve duplicates' tool
This guide will show you how to clean up Contact records in your Artlogic Database.
How can I do this?
- Go to Contacts > Tools > Resolve duplicates.
- Click the 'pencil' edit button to the right of each record.
- Open each Contact record in a separate window and arrange them next to each other on your screen. This would allow you to compare the records side-by-side and decide what information to keep.
- Consolidate the data in a single Contact record.
- Select Delete for the other Contact record(s).
- You will need to merge the Contact records manually and decide exactly what information should be kept.
- You will also need to move all related, linked information between records (eg. adjusting invoices so purchases update correctly or reassigning categories and interests)
- The system will not warn you if you are about to delete a record which might contain such information.
Find duplicates using email addresses
Duplicate contact records can be found using either their name or email address.
- By default, the tool looks for duplicates based on last name and first name.
- If you want the system to look for duplicates using information in the 'Email (for mailings)' field, click Find potential duplicates by email.