Connect your domain to your Artlogic website
Important informationBy following these steps, your Artlogic website will be published on your web domain and your previous website will no longer be accessible to the public. DNS changes usually take effect within 1-2 hours, however, they may not complete propagating across the global DNS network for up to 48 hours.
This means that for up to 48 hours some people may still see your old website. This is a normal part of the process and you'll want to speak to 1&1 IONOS if you have any queries.
You will need to use the IP address supplied in your CMS.
You can find this in Settings > Website launch guide.
- Sign in to your 1&1 IONOS account.
- Hover over the product selector next to the logo in the top left corner and click Domains & SSL.
- Find the domain you wish to connect and click the 'cog' next to it and then click DNS.
- Find a row in the table with a Type of 'A' and a Host Name of ‘@'.
- If such a row exists:
- Click the 'cog' at the end of the row, then click Edit record.
- Enter the IP address we supplied into the Value field and click Save.
- If the row doesn’t exist:
- Click Add record.
- Click ‘A'.
- Enter ‘@‘ in the Host Name field.
- Enter the IP address we supplied in the Points to field.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this process for a row with ‘Type’ of ‘A’ and Host Name of ‘www’. If you need to add a new record, enter a hostname of ‘www’.
- Once complete, return to Settings > Website Launch Guide > Connect your domain in your CMS and click Verify Domains.