When you're happy with the content of your new Artlogic website and are ready to launch your site to the public and to connect your domain (eg www.examplewebsitedomain.net), follow the tips and advice in this guide.
When you receive your new Website CMS login details from us, you'll be able to begin customising your site. Then, once you are happy with the content and design of your website you will be able to proceed to connect your web domain to your website making it "Live" and accessible to the public. At this point your previous website (if you had one) will no longer be accessible via that web domain.
On average the launch process takes our customers 1 to 2 days to complete.
Connecting domains is your responsibility to buy/arrange with your domain host (e.g GoDaddy, IONOS, 123 reg).
How to prepare the content of your website to go live
Remove any example/dummy content from the original Artlogic template.
Ensure your pages are completed and your content is legible and thoroughly spellchecked.
- Review your SEO.
Check through the list of items to complete on the Website Launch Guide and upload your completed Redirects spreadsheet if you already have an existing website (Settings > Website Launch Guide > Launch checklist).
Note: You can continue to edit these elements when you are live as well.
- Upload a Favicon in Settings > Settings > Styles > Browser icon.
- Check that all of the hyperlinks on the website are only using the page link and not the entire URL (e.g. /about/ instead of www.website-gallery.artlogic/about/).
- Make sure that all of the images on your website are high resolution.
- Remove the shopping bag icon if you are not using the Online sales functionality by going to Settings > Settings > Store > Hide shopping cart when empty.
How to take your website is live
Visit the Website Launch Guide in the website CMS to find help notes, a launch checklist and guidelines on how to connect your domains (Settings > Website Launch Guide).
Once you have completed the above steps as required you can proceed to the final section - Connect Domains via the Website Launch Guide in the CMS (click 'Connect' for the domains you wish to connect and view the step-by-step instructions that appear or visit 'Help' for more info). Please read carefully through our guidelines on how to connect your domains, especially if you are not sure how to do this.
After completing the above DNS changes, please return to the Website Launch Guide > Connect domains > click ‘Connect’ and then click ‘Test connections’.
If the domains are connected, it will be indicated by a green tick saying 'secure'.
If unsuccessful, a warning box will appear with some information for you to check (DNS changes can take several hours to propagate, so you may need to check back later and click ‘Connect’ again.)
Once the domains show as connected, we will automatically generate your security certificates to make your website secure (typically completed within 2 working hours). Thereafter your website will be officially live and secure.
What to do once your website is live
Once your website is live you should:
- Google Analytics - Create a new Google Analytics account and GA4 property for your website and add the tracking code to your CMS. You can learn how to do this here: How to create a Google Analytics data stream
- Google sitemap - Submit your website to Google.
- Launch your site publicly by sharing your new website as much as you can by sending a mailing and sharing the link on Social media. Sharing your site across various platforms is a great way to increase engagement. This will also help with your SEO.