Info: This guide applies to integrated Artlogic clients only.
Warning: When creating artwork records in your database, accidental typos, spelling differences, special characters or even additional spaces added to the artist field can cause a new artist record to be created in your website CMS. Follow our guide to duplicated records to ensure consistency when adding new artwork records to your Artlogic database.
- Login to your database (app.artlogic.net/accountID).
- Go to Artists > All.
- Search the Artist's name > Click on the artist record to receive a drop-down list of options > select 'edit artist'.
- Update the 'Artist Name' and 'Sort as' fields > Save:
- Click 'Ok' to change the Artist Name and Sort as in all records connected to this artist
Next, update the Artist's name on your website
- After completing the steps above, wait for up to 30 minutes for the changes to sync to your site.
- Log in to you website CMS.
- Go to Records > Artists > Search to find the new and old records:
- Check if the old record has important information about the Artist (e.g. biography, date of birth, photos). If so, copy and paste this information into the correct record.
- Delete the old record leaving only the new, correct Artist record.
- Make sure the updated Artist record is enabled as Live when you are ready for it to be viewed on your website: