Offering edition records
While both edition records and edition data records can be recorded in Sales Pipeline, only individual edition records (e.g. Edition 1 of 5) can be reserved, accepted and invoiced.
Selling edition records through Sales Pipeline
What are edition data records?
Edition data records act as an umbrella record to represent the concept of an edition. They are not physical objects and cannot be sold. These records act as a way to tie together and connect information between all of the edition records.
What are edition records?
Edition records are the individual, physical editions that can be worked with (ie. sold, consigned out, located etc.).
Only individual edition records can be sold
Your database will only allow you to sell the physical edition records, not edition data records, which is why you're only able to move edition records along the sales funnel to Reserved, Accepted and to Invoiced and Sold.
The below steps outline this in more detail.
- Log in to your database and go to Sales Pipeline.
- Choose New offer > Send an offer email or Record offer.
- Search for and flag your edition record/s. We recommend choosing individual edition record/s as only these (not edition data records) can be reserved, accepted and invoiced through Sales Pipeline. By selecting edition record/s, it'll streamline your sales process.
- Once you have selected your edition/s, ensure all other necessary fields have been completed, such as a follow-up date, and click 'Record offer'.
Offered an edition data record already?
If you have recorded an offer that includes an edition data record, such as in the above example, your Reserved and Accepted options will appear grey, preventing you from selecting them.
As edition data records cannot progress along the sales funnel, in order to reserve or accept an edition from this series you must add an available edition record (e.g. Edition 1 of 5) to your offer record in the offer edit screen.
The steps below explain this process.
- To do this, click 'Add artwork' in the Sales Pipeline offer edit screen and choose your specific edition record/s.
- Then, proceed with marking your individual edition record/s as Reserved or Accepted.
- (Optional) Once you've added the individual record/s, remove the edition data record from the offer to more easily track your offered records.
Info: If you do not have any edition records associated with your edition data record, you'll need to create them using the instructions here.