It is now possible for integrated Artlogic users to select which images are displayed in their artwork record on their site. This article explains how and also outlines how to enter captions and alt-text for these images directly from their database.
Choose which images to share, add captions and alt-text
- Log in to your Artlogic database (app.artlogic.net/YourAccountID).
- Go to Artworks and find the artwork you wish to specify the images being shared to your website/s.
- Click the 'pencil' edit button to edit your artwork record.
- Go to the Images tab.
- Select the tick boxes in the 'sharing' section below each image to control which will be shared to your website. If you have more than one website linked to your database you will also be able to choose for each site individually.
- If you wish to add captions or alt-text you can enter this data as required for each image here as well.
Other images on your website
Alt-text for other images (overview, slideshow, exhibition images etc.) on your website will be managed in your CMS.
What are captions and alt-text?
Alt-text is the text used to represent an image for accessibility purposes (e.g. it is read by screen readers to tell people with sight impairments what an image depicts). This text will not be visible on the webpage. However, Google will consider as part of your website accessibility score, which can impact SEO. Our websites will automatically generate alt-text as 'artist, title, year' if nothing is sent through from the database.
Captions are visible on the website and can be used to annotate images. Captions are also available in some parts of the database (such as in advanced reports).