We explain how you can add clickable links to your site, including links for phone numbers, and email addresses
You can add hyperlinks to other websites or even to sections of your own site anywhere in the site where there is text using the text editor.
- Log in to your CMS and locate the section with the text you wish to hyperlink (for e.g Main Page Content or Feature Panels)
- Highlight the text
- Click Insert/Edit Link > Enter in the URL > Insert > Save
If linking to a page within your site, it's best practice to use the page link and not the entire URL (e.g. /about/ instead of www.website-gallery.artlogic/about/)
If linking to an external website, you must use the full URL including the https://
Hyperlinking telephones and emails
Follow these steps for when you want to create hyperlink for a phone number or email address, as these behave slightly differently than other hyperlinks.
- Login to CMS > Pages > Edit Contact page (or any other page/record with a content box)
- Go to where the telephone number or email address is written > highlight the number or email
- Select 'Insert/Edit link' from the content toolbar
- Click 'save'
Tips for phone numbers
Type 'tel:' and paste the number in the Link URL field (make sure you do not leave a space between 'tel:' and the number, for example: 'tel:+1 917 341 2828') > Insert > Save.
Tips for emails
To have your hyperlink that you straight to a mailing client on your desktop, you can use 'mail to' links.
These are inserted by typing 'mailto:' followed by the email address in the Link URL field (make sure you do not leave a space between 'mailto:' and the email address, for example: 'mailto:email@example.com') and then clicking insert and saving.
You can read more about creating and customising 'mail to' links here.