This powerful integration enables you to generate invoices in your database and effortlessly share them to your Xero account.
What does this integration offer me?
Using this free integration saves you time and makes it easy to effortlessly share invoices from your Artlogic database to your Xero account. This means you no longer need to generate the same invoice in two places, saving you time and reducing potential data entry errors.
The integration is completely secure, and you’ll be fully in control. We use the Xero API which is a safe and secure API to protect both systems and keeps your data private.
How do I get started?
Before you can start sending invoices from Artlogic to Xero, you will need to get in touch with us to enquire about beta testing. Once we have let you know we are able to proceed with beta testers, you will need to make sure your Artlogic database is set up for the integration by following the steps below.
Things to know before beginning.
- You must have an Artlogic Database subscription.
- You must have a Xero account and you must be authorised by the owner of your business to make this connection.
- Only Artlogic admin users are able to set up this integration. If you are not an Admin user on your account, please speak to a colleague who is.
- Please make sure you have your Xero account login details at hand as you will need this during the setup process.
1. Enable the integration
Log into your database and go to Other > Admin > Preferences > Core preferences > Integrations > Xero Integration.
To begin, click on ‘Get Started’.
2. Review the Terms and Conditions
Click 'agree' to continue.
3. Authorise your Xero account
After you have accepted the terms and conditions a pop-up wizard will open asking you to authorise your Xero account, select which Xero Organisations to continue with (if more than one) and click 'Continue'. If you're not already logged in to a Xero account, you will be prompted to do so.
Once the two accounts are connected a screen will confirm that your database is authenticated to Xero.
4. Begin the setup guide
Start the setup guide by clicking 'Get started'.
You'll then be greeted with a Setup guide introduction, which will take you through the following simple steps (more on these below):
- Set default Xero organisations, if you have more than one
- Set up chart of accounts to pick a default account and hide irrelevant ones
- Synchronise tax codes, so invoices will automatically have the correct Xero taxes
- Set up credit period and item name template, so your Xero invoices will have a due date, and a name template for the invoice items
5. Set default Xero organisations
If you have more than one Xero organisation then a default needs to be set, one for each Artlogic gallery if you have multiple galleries. The Xero organisation for invoices will then be automatically selected based on the default for single gallery systems. If you have a multi gallery systems the default will be either the invoicing gallery if it's set up like so on your system, or the user’s gallery. Once you have selected your default organisation, click 'Next' to continue.
6. Set up chart of accounts
Choose default/hidden account codes for exporting invoices from Artlogic to Xero. Then click ‘Next’ at the bottom right of the window.
7. Synchronise tax codes
As Xero and Artlogic have different tax codes, it is important to make sure you match them.
You can manually select the codes from the drop-down boxes.
If you are unsure about some of the matches, you can always proceed and come back to this stage later.
In this section, you can also turn on 'Add import tax as extra line item' and choose the Xero account code you use most often for import tax. If you use multiple account codes for this, the correct code can be chosen per invoice as well.
Once you are happy you have correctly matched your tax codes, click ‘Next’.
8. Set up a credit period and item name template
This information will be added to the Artlogic invoice date to create a due date for the Xero invoice.
During this step you can also create a template to construct a name for each invoice line item in Xero.
When you are done, click ‘Next’.
9. Finish the setup
Click 'Finish' to complete your integration setup.
Export invoices to Xero from your database
After you have completed the setup, you are now ready to start sharing invoices to Xero from your Artlogic database.
If you'd like more guidance, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.