This page will help you to create invoices in Xero from your Artlogic database
Things you should know before getting started
- You will have needed to set up your Xero Integration before you are able to proceed with the following steps.
- Invoice terms are dependent on the Xero branding theme which can be set in the ‘Create invoice in Xero’ popup. Invoice terms cannot be directly uploaded to Xero as such.
- Currently only generated (not draft) invoices can be created in Xero, however the Xero invoice created will be a draft.
- Credit notes can be uploaded and credit can be allocated, however the invoice needs to be ‘Approved’ first once in Xero.
Prepare an invoice using Artlogic
Generate your invoice in Xero
Once you have finalised your draft invoice on Artlogic, you can save it, and then press Action > Generate sales invoice. You will then be presented with a pop-up asking whether you would like to generate the invoice in Xero.
If your invoice has already been generated you can select 'Create invoice in Xero' from the Action button at the bottom of the invoice edit screen.
When you click ‘Create invoice in Xero’, a popup will ask you to select from the following options:
- Xero organisation (optional, if your gallery has more than one organisation set up in Xero)
- Branding themes (optional)
- Xero contact If this contact does not exist in Xero you can create them as a contact.
- Xero tax code This will autofill from the options you chose when you first set-up the integration, which are stored in Accounts > Xero > Xero preferences. However, you can change this per invoice where necessary
- Import tax account code You can go to to Accounts > Xero > Xero preferences > turn on 'Add import tax as extra line item' for this option to appear. This will again autofill from the option you chose in your Xero Preferences, but you can change this per invoice to suit your needs.
- Xero account (you may have multiple of these, e.g. for different gallery locations).
- Any necessary tracking codes (optional)
Once you have clicked 'OK', the invoice will be created in Xero.
Accessing your linked invoices
Your Xero invoice will be accessible from Artlogic via the blue 'View In Xero' button at the top of the invoice edit screen:
Or by clicking the blue button on the invoice list screen:
A blue half-circle will appear if the invoice has been shared to Xero, but there is a discrepancy between the two invoices, that you still need to check and approve.
These buttons will take you to the invoice page in Xero, which will look similar to the below image.
An Artlogic Invoice can be reached from the Xero Invoice page by clicking 'Go to Artlogic Database' at the top left of the page.
Apply payments made in Xero to your Artlogic invoice
If payments have been made in Xero you can apply these to your Artlogic invoice by first selecting 'Apply Payments' from the invoice list screen options menu:
And then 'Get from Xero'.
Contacts in Xero and Artlogic
Once an invoice has been created, the Artlogic and Xero contacts will be connected - view the Artlogic contact record to see a link to the Xero contact.
Or via the blue button on the Contact list screen.
Keeping contacts up-to-date
Currently, changes to the Artlogic contact are not synced between Artlogic and Xero. These will need to be kept up to date in both places.
If any changes are made in Artlogic, the invoice will need to be regenerated, and then 'Update Invoice in Xero' can be selected from the Action button. This will ensure all associated Artlogic records are updated as needed.