Share artworks from your Artlogic Database to your Artsy CMS. This guide introduces the Artsy integration, showing you how to set up and manage your export.
What does this offer me?
The Artsy integration gives you the opportunity to send artwork images and details from your Artlogic database to your Artsy CMS. This means you no longer need to upload artwork details in two places, saving you lots of time.
Once artwork details have been sent from your Artlogic database to your Artsy CMS, you will then need to publish any new works that you want to post to Artsy. Any edits to the artworks after this stage will need to be made in both the Artlogic Database and your Artsy account.
How do I get started?
Before you can start sending artworks from Artlogic to Artsy, you will need to make sure your Artlogic database is set up for the integration by following the steps below.
- You must have an Artsy Gallery Partnership account and you must be authorised by the business owner to make this connection.
- Only Artlogic admin users are able to set up this integration. If you are not an Admin user on your account, please speak to a colleague who is.
- Please make sure you have your Artsy account login details at hand as you will need this during the setup process.
How long will it take me to set up?
About 30 minutes
The time it takes to complete the setup process depends on the number of artists and artworks you have on Artlogic and Artsy. For galleries with over 1000 artworks on the system, it may take longer than 30 minutes to complete.
1. Enable the integration
Log into your Artlogic database and go to Other > Admin > Preferences > Core preferences > Integrations.
Click ‘Set up Artsy integration’ to begin.
2. Authorise your Artsy account
In the screen that opens, click 'Yes, authorise’.
If you're not already logged in to an Artsy account, the system will prompt you to do so.
If the authorisation is successful, you will see this message in the Integrations tab: 'Your Artlogic and Artsy accounts are now connected. To begin connecting your Artsy artworks please follow the setup guide and get started in 3 easy steps'.
You will also see your Artsy account information appear here.
3. Initiate the setup
Start the setup guide by clicking Get started.
You'll then be greeted with a Setup guide introduction, which will take you through the following simple steps.
- 'Synchronise artwork status labels', so when your artworks are exporting from Artlogic to Artsy they automatically display with the correct availability in Artsy.
- 'Connect Artists' records in Artsy to your artist records in Artlogic which will save time in the future.
- 'Connect Artworks' matches and imports your existing Artsy inventory into Artlogic to prevent any duplicate artworks.
4. Synchornise status & availabilities
Since Artsy and Artlogic have different statuses and availabilities, it is important to make sure they match. Note that Artlogic has more statuses & availabilities.
The system will automatically make initial suggestions. However, if matched incorrectly, you can manually select the correct status & availability from the drop down boxes.
If you are unsure about some of the matches, you can always proceed and come back to this stage later.
Click ‘Next’ to connect artists.
5. Connect artists
Next, connect the artists in your Artsy CMS to the artists in your Artlogic database. This will prevent duplicates and ensures the process of exporting artworks to Artsy works smoothly in the future.
- Click ‘Connect artists’ and you will see a list of the artists you have on Artsy on the left, with potential matches with your Artlogic artists on the right.
- The system will automatically detect matches based on the names of each artist. However, if there are any differences in the names (i.e. hyphens, first name last name order… etc), the system will not be able to detect the match.
- For those artists that have no match, you can either:
- Use the Search tool to locate the artist's name in your Artlogic database.
- Or, click 'Add as a new artist' if you wish to add any new artists to your Artlogic database that exist on your Artsy CMS but don't yet exist in your Artlogic database. An edit screen will appear, allowing you to input new data.
- Try to match as many artists on the page as possible, though you can always come back to this page at a later stage.
- Click ‘Connect selected on this page’ to connect your selected artists. After you have done so, the setup guide will take you to the next page of artists. Note that in order to optimise the setup process the page will only display a maximum 60 artists at one time.
- Continue to match up the artist names until you have finished going through the list of artists. When you are done, click ‘Close’.
6. Connect artworks
In the setup guide, click ‘Next', then ‘Connect artworks’ to proceed to the screen that allows you to synchronise artworks that exist in both your Artlogic database and your Artsy CMS.
It is important to connect existing artworks in both platforms to ensure that no duplicate artworks are created accidentally in your Artsy CMS.
Similarly to syncing artists, the system will fetch all the artworks you have in your Artsy CMS (published or unpublished).
Then, the guide will match up the artworks in your Artsy platform with the ones in your Artlogic database based on the following fields:
- Artist name
For those artworks that the setup guide is not able to match up automatically, please use the search tool to locate the artworks in your Artlogic database and match them up one by one. Once you have matched up as many artworks as possible on the page, click ‘connect selected on this page’ at the bottom of the screen.
Do note that the setup guide will only display up to 20 artworks per page. Once you have finished connecting all artwork on the first page continue to the next page until you have finished matching up artworks.
Then click ‘Close’ at the bottom right of the window.
7. Finish the setup
Back in the setup guide, click ‘Next’ and then 'Finish' to complete your integration setup.
Export artworks to Artsy from your database
After you have completed the setup, you are now ready to start exporting lots more artworks to your Artsy account!
If you'd like more guidance, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org