Share artworks from one database to multiple Artlogic websites
This guide will take you through our multi-website functionality. With this feature you can share your inventory to multiple Artlogic websites from one database. This means you will only need to create each artwork once, but can share it to 2 or more Artlogic websites using your database.
Important things to know before switching on the multi-websites tool
Multi-website integration can be used with any database subscription package; you will just need to purchase more than one website subscription, and let our sales team know you would like to use multi-website integration
- If you already have one website integrated with your database, you can add a second website at a later date. Should you choose to do this, any artworks already set to 'share to website' will start to share to both websites. You can adjust your artwork sharing settings once the second website has been added to your account, by following the steps below.
- Your artwork categories will be shared to all websites they include artworks for. For the category to appear on only one website, you will need to ensure that the category includes no artworks shared to other integrated websites.
Choose which website to share or un-share your artworks with
Steps: individual artworks
You can choose to share artworks from your database to multiple websites at once; or you can choose to share them to just one specified site.
- Go to the artwork record
- Click the 'Website' tab
- Toggle on 'share to website'
- You will see a 'Show on websites' option with tick-boxes for each of your websites. You can use this section to choose which site to send the artwork to by ticking the corresponding box. If you tick all boxes, or leave all boxes blank, the artwork will share to all websites as a default.
- Then choose the rest of your website sharing options, and press Save
Steps: update multiple artworks at once
You may wish to update the sharing settings for multiple artworks at once using Update Multiple.
- Flag the artworks you would like to share (or unshare) to a particular website
- Click 'Update/Delete multiple'
- Choose 'Update Multiple'
- Choose the flagged set
- Scroll down to the 'Sharing' section, and choose 'Website Settings'
- Tick 'Share artwork with website' and then choose the website you would like to share with. This will share the artwork to that website, in addition to any it is already shared with. For example, if the artwork was already shared with Monochrome 2,
- You can also choose to 'un-share artwork with website' if there are any websites you would like to remove the artwork(s) from. Just tick the sites you would like to remove the artwork from, before pressing save.
Find your website's artworks using Advanced Search
You can pull together a list of the artworks shared to each website, by using the database's Advanced Search tool. You can choose '"Send to website" selection" has any selected value, then tick the site(s) you wish to check.
Adding a second website to your integrated package
The default sharing settings are that all artworks already set to 'share to website' will be shared to both websites. If you would like to change this, you can perform a simple Update Multiple to choose which website to share your artworks to, and which to un-share artworks to.