You may want to change the edition number of an artwork sold online if, for example, the assigned edition has become damaged.
If the sale is unprocessed this is done in the 'Online Sales (Unprocessed)' section of the database (Artworks > Views > Online Sales (Unprocessed)).
- Click on one of the artwork records that you wish to reassign.
- Click on the Online sales dropdown in the preview pane.
- Click on the Actions menu.
- Choose to 'Reassign edition'.
- A dialogue will pop up with a select box to pick a different edition number, here you can select which edition number you wish to reassign the sold edition as.
If the invoice hasn't been issued to the client and doesn't have payments applied to it you can simply remove the existing edition and add another one.
If the sale has already been processed, and an invoice has been created, then you will need to modify the invoice itself and then regenerate it.
- Go to the Accounts > Invoices.
- Click to edit the invoice.
- Click 'options' next to the artwork > edit artwork.
- Update the edition number.
- Click Action > Regenerate sales invoice.
Equally, you could choose to create a credit note for the existing edition, effectively unselling it in the database, then click to sell and create a new invoice for the new edition.