Activate a holding page for your website
Once you have connected your domains, you may still wish to have a holding page until you are ready to share your full website with your visitors. This holding page will be shown on your domain instead of your website, until you deactivate it.
Enabling your 'coming soon' page
Our standard holding page includes your website name (found in Settings > General > Website name), and the text 'coming soon'. Please note, it is not possible to further customise this page.
- Log in to your CMS
- Go to Settings > General
- Find 'website live' and turn this toggle off
- Click Save
You can see how the website will appear to your visitors by logging out, and visiting your website domain. Alternatively, you can open a new Incognito/Private browser, and visit the domain from there.
Creating a custom holding page
- In your CMS, go to Pages
- Click on the title of the page once, which should reveal a side panel - turn each page 'off' for both 'enabled on website' and 'show on navigation', apart from the homepage. This is a temporary measure until you are ready to make your pages public.
- Click 'New Page' to create a new custom page for your landing page. This should be 'enabled on website', but not on the navigation.
- Add content to this page by filling in the content fields, and adding Feature Panels, then save.
- Go to Pages > edit the homepage > scroll to the field 'redirect to' and add the filepath for your new custom page (you will find this in Pages in the 'filepath' column). This will redirect your homepage to your custom landing page.
Removing your holding page
If you used our standard holding page, you can go to Settings > General > turn 'website live' on, to remove the standard 'coming soon' page.
If you created a custom holding page, you can follow these steps to remove it, and launch your full website:
- Go to Pages > click once on the title of a page to reveal the side-panel. From there, enable each page you would now like visible on your website and on your navigation.
- In Pages, you can also turn off the custom page you created as a holding page. To do this, edit the page, and turn 'enabled on website' and enabled on navigation' off.
- Go to Pages > edit the homepage > scroll to 'redirect to' and remove all content from that field, making sure no spaces or '/' are left.
- Go to Settings > General > Search > turn on 'Enable search', if you had previously removed it.