Step 1: Group artworks together on your website
This guide will show you how to use your database to set up categories so that your artworks are segmented by medium, period, region or however else you wish to group them on your website.
- Log in to your Artlogic database (https//:app.artlogic.net/youraccountID/).
- Go to Artworks > Value lists > Artwork Categories (for website).
- Select New record.
- Select Public and fill out the category details to allow this category to display on your website. The category will only display once you've allocated some Artwork records to display within it. Ticking 'Exclude from Artists & Artworks sections' will mean the category shows only in the Store page, whereas ticking 'Exclude from Store section' will mean it will only display in your Artists and/or Artworks pages.
Add an image.
You can also upload an image to represent the category too.
- Share your Artwork record:
Go to Artworks > search for your artwork record(s) > select the 'pencil' (edit) button and > go to the 'Share' tab. You are also able to do this in bulk; see below for more details.
- Select which categories the artwork will appear in.
You can also use Update Multiple to allocate records to this category in bulk.
These can be created so your visitor can select to view all 'Paintings' (parent category), for example, and then select to see all 'Oil on canvas' (category).
- Create a category by following the above steps 1 - 4.
- When making/editing your category, click the 'Parent category' drop down menu to find another category that you wish to be its 'Parent category'.