Personalise our 'View on a Wall' functionality with photos of your own gallery or space.
This new feature is an extension of the standard View on a Wall feature that lets you further customise your virtual space.
View on a Wall
View on a Wall allows your clients are able to preview artworks in a virtual physical space and at the correct dimensions. This allows your clients to get a better sense of an artwork’s scale, so they can envision it in their own gallery or home.
For more information: View on a Wall overview
View on a Wall options
View on a Wall ‘Photo Mode’ allows you to upload your own custom photographs as the backdrop to your View on a Wall environment by creating View on a Wall records. For example, you could upload an image of your own gallery space and apply this as the default backdrop to all artworks or even to a specific artwork or group of artworks.
This new feature also allows viewers to see the artwork to scale against multiple preset scenes, not just one. As a result, your clients will be able to get an even better feel for the work by seeing it positioned in different viewpoints within a particular environment.
View on a Wall records
Create custom View on a Wall records to upload your own high quality photographs of a specific scene, such as the inside of your gallery as the background image for your artworks.
- Login to your website CMS.
- Go to Records > View on a wall > New Record.
- Label the record, for example ‘Gallery 1’, and Save the record.
- Upload the image of your space.
- Start drawing your image into the scene using the tool.
- Enter the actual width of the space into the dimensions field and adjust the hanging height up or down using the toggle.
- Once you are satisfied with your dimensions, you can save the record and enable it as ‘live'.
- You can choose to set this View on a Wall scene as the main/default scene on all applicable artwork detail pages that fit within the width and height of this scene.
- Alternatively, you can choose to leave this blank if you want to add multiple different View on a Wall scenes with varying dimensions for specific artworks or ranges of artwork dimensions.
View on a wall 'preset scenes’
This option enables a different View on a Wall display in the artwork detail page.
Once turned on, it will show a series of 4 ‘preset scenes’ of a generic home environment where the artwork is superimposed to scale against the wall in each scene.
The scenes included are:
Sofa, Sofa 2, Sofa 3 and Desk.
How it works
The scenes vary from being full depictions of a room to detailed views of the chosen space.
- The scene with the most wall space will therefore accommodate the larger artworks.
- Those with less wall space will accommodate the smaller artworks.
- There is a plus/minus bar where you can toggle left or right to zoom in or out on the artwork.
How do I set my artwork dimensions?
Warning: You must have height and width set in the artwork dimensions to use the View on a Wall feature. If you’ve already entered dimensions, please make sure you click the blue Calculate button to calculate the dimensions and then press apply to ensure the measurements format is correct. The 'Dimensions' and 'Calculate' fields follow the standard format of height x width or height x width x depth. See below instructions for standalone website clients and integrated clients.
If you do not have an Artlogic database, follow these steps to enter your artwork dimensions.
- Login to your website CMS.
- Go to: Records > Artworks > All Artworks > Edit > Artwork Information > Dimensions.
- If you’ve already entered dimensions, please make sure you click ‘edit & calculate individual dimensions’ to auto-calculate your dimensions so that you get the correct dimensions result for View on a Wall.
Integrated database and website
- Login to your Database and go to the Artworks section.
- Find the artwork/s you are using for View on a Wall and click the pencil edit button.
- Go to the 'General' tab to view the Dimensions field.
- If you’ve already entered dimensions, click the blue 'Calculate' button to calculate the dimensions and then press 'Apply' so that you get the correct dimensions for View on a Wall.
- You can also override the artwork dimensions and image specifically for 'View on a wall' in the artwork record's 'Website' tab.
Not all of the View on a Wall preset scenes appear for some of my artworks
If an artwork doesn’t fit the dimensions of the preset scene, then the scene will not display in the artwork detail page. It’s therefore important to check your artwork dimensions have been entered correctly in the artwork record.
Why is the View on a Wall record I made not showing for this artwork?
The artwork needs to fit onto the scene, otherwise the button for that particular scene won’t show. So if your artwork is 2m wide, and you make some scenes that range between 1m-3m wide, only the 3m ones will show for that work in particular.
What if I don't have images of my gallery to use?
If you are looking for generic room scenes for view on a wall because you don’t have your own photographs and you want to add different to the preset one’s, then we'd recommend exploring the free high resolution images you can download from sites like https://unsplash.com/.