The following tips can help you troubleshoot if cart and purchase notifications from your Artlogic website are going to your email's spam folder.
Why do some mailings from Artlogic go to spam?
Many mailing providers will place notification emails from your website in your spam folder. It is ultimately the mailing provider that decides what to do with these emails and it is not under the control of Artlogic, but there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot.
Please note that even if you are using the MacMail program on your desktop, your mailing provider may be another organisation, e.g. Gmail. If in doubt please check with your system administrator.
- Set the email address that the notifications are sent from as 'email@example.com'. This field can be found in the CMS under Settings > Settings > Contact & Enquiries.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to the contacts list in your mailing provider. In Gmail on your browser this can be done by hovering your mouse over the contact's email address and clicking 'Add to Contacts'. In Outlook, adding the address as a contact will automatically whitelist them as well - https://www.whitelist.guide/outlook/.
- Check with your mailing provider to see if you are able to whitelist 'email@example.com'.
- If you have a G Suite email address follow these instructions - https://support.google.com/a/answer/2368132.
- If you have Gmail but do not have G Suite, try unmarking the email as spam - https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1366858
- In Outlook, if you have added the address to your contacts then it is already whitelisted - https://www.whitelist.guide/outlook/.
- There is a guide to a range of other mail providers here - https://www.whitelist.guide/. If you are struggling to whitelist an address, please contact your mail provider or IT specialist to help you with this.
If notification emails continue to go into your spam folder, please contact your mail provider directly for assistance.