Create new artworks using the 'Upload and Create Multiple' tool
Use images as your starting point to quickly upload small groups of artwork records. Using this upload process is an alternative to the more comprehensive Import tool for artworks.
- Log in to your database and go to Artworks.
- At the bottom, click New record > Upload and create Multiple.
- Tick 'Extract fields from filename' to extract certain information like the title and artist etc from the image file names by separating each field with a comma in the file name (e.g. 'Pablo Picasso, Untitled, 1953').
- Click 'Upload images' and choose your files.
- Complete the details of your records using the various fields, ensuring all information is accurate before clicking 'Save records'. By saving your records, these will appear in your Main Artworks inventory.
- You are then able to click 'View new records in list' to see your new uploads.
Alternative: Artwork Import Tool
For a more comprehensive import, see our guide: Artwork Import Tool