Learn about the different menus and settings options within the new Artlogic app
Within the new app, you have a few more menu options that did not exist in the old app. This guide will take you through all of the new settings that are available to you, as well as some settings you may not have known existed.
From the home screen you will see a menu on the top left corner denoted by three lines. This is the collections menu.
From here you will be able to do the following:
- Switch between 'Collections' (Artists and Artlogic Private Views) and 'All Presentations' (a combination of both Artists and Artlogic Private Views)
- Offers: View a list of pending and completed offers sent from the app
- Updates: When connected to Wifi this is where you can see, and process, any pending updates. If you have made changes in the database that have not yet reflected on the app, please check here.
- Settings: For more details on what can be controlled here, please refer to the 'Settings Menu' details listed below.
- Accounts: You now have the ability to log in to multiple Artlogic account should you need to. If you have a second Private Views account you would like to log in to, please click here and select 'Add Account'.
- Log Out
The settings menu can be accessed in one of two ways:
- Select Collections Menu > Settings.
- From the homepage, or when looking at a Private View collection, select the three-dot menu on the top right corner and select Settings.
Within this settings menu, you will be able to control the following.
- Account: Control individual settings available in the Private Views app.
Layout: Select desired layout style.
- Grid will only show artwork images. With Grid style you can control the number of columns visible on the app as well.
- Detailed Grid will show the artwork images along with the artwork caption.
- The layout can individually be customized for the different areas of the app: presentations layout, collections layout, and items layout.
- Allow you to select between light and dark mode.
- Expand all collapsible menus by default. This will allow you to immediately see each and every setting option within the app rather than needing to expand the menus sub-options.
- Show count on grid cover images so you know how many artworks are visible within each collection.
- Updates: Dictate how often the app should check for updates.
Sharing: Control sharing settings.
In the old PrivateViews app there were some settings you could only access directly in your iOS settings app. These have all been moved to the Sharing section of the app settings, directly within the app.