Create relationships between artworks in your database and share this information with your integrated website.
Get started with related artworks
There are three steps to this process- enabling the functionality, then relating works to each other and then sharing the relationship through to the website. Follow each of these below.
Please note you can only use this feature if you have both an integrated system, meaning you have both an Artlogic database and website with us.
Steps to turn on the functionality in your core preferences
- Log in to your Database
- Go to Other > Admin > Preferences > Core preferences > Artworks
- In the Artworks tab scroll down to the Preview Pane & Layouts section and disable the following preference: 'Hide Related artworks on Preview Pane'.
- Save preferences
Steps to relate artworks
- Go to your Artworks screen
- Click on an artwork once to open the preview pane on the right
- Click 'Related Artworks' to expand the menu
- Select 'Add' to manually search for the works you want to add
- You can also perform this action for a bulk group of artworks by finding and flagging a selection first.
- Manage which works you relate by clicking 'Action' > Select All / None / Custom select some > Remove.
Important: Make sure you add works to each of the works you want to relate to and ensure all the related works have been already shared to the website. For more information on how to do this, please see here: Sync artworks and artists from your database to your website (for integrated websites).
How long can you expect this to update on the website? If the works are already shared to the site, the sync should happen after 30 seconds. If the works are not shared, you will need to wait for the sync (15-30minutes). For more information on the sync times, see this guide: Artlogic Database-to-website sync times.
Steps to check your website to see your related works
- Go to your website
- Navigate to the artwork detail page for works that have Related Artworks applied
- Scroll down to the 'Related Artworks' section. You will be able to click into these smaller thumbnails and this will take you to that works detail page.
Apply styling options for related artworks
The grid settings for Related Artworks is defined by the 'Artwork Grid Layout' settings
- Go to Settings > Artworks > Artwork Grid Layout
- Select the desired layout
- Click 'save'.