Artist records are created as exhibitors publish artworks through to the event CMS from their individual Artlogic databases.
Once in the CMS, a large number of Artist duplicates will be resolved automatically by the system. However, in some cases duplicates will be created and need to be resolved by the event organiser.
Possible reasons for duplicated Artist records;
- All capitalised names
- Capitalised last name
- Artists listed as in 'collaboration'
- No last name just initials
- Additional last names
- DOB + DOD added to name
Here is how to resolve any outstanding duplicate records;
1. Go to Pages > Records > Artists.
2. Scroll through the pages to find any records which have been duplicated.
3. Click the pencil edit icon of the incorrect record to open the edit screen.
4. Scroll to the section 'Attach to Another Record', and then click the button to 'Select Artists';
5. You can choose to group this record with another artist so only one variation of the name appears on the website. To do this, use the search field to find the other records, and select the record you want to be the 'main/parent' artist record to attach it to;
4. You can do this for multiple duplicated Artists names to ensure only the 'parent' record shows on the front end of the site.