Giving Curators Access to Make Selections
Before the full site has launched, the curators will not be able to view the artworks page. The only way for them to preview this and make their selections is to set them up as a user on the CMS.
- Set the curator up with a user. By going to Admin > Users > New Record.
- Set up their username, password and user profile details.
- Do not give them any permissions for the site:
- Make sure their user is enabled:
- Send them the link to the CMS so that they can log in. Without permissions, when they login they'll only be able to access the preview of the front end of the website.
- Direct them to go the Artworks page in the website navigation menu to make their selection and give them instructions to email you with a list of their selections ensuring they list the name and title of the artwork, as well as provide the URL of the artwork.
Adding Artworks to a Curators page
This should only be done once the content deadline for exhibitors has past and the curators have sent you their chosen selection by email. This is important, because before this time not all of the artworks for your exhibitors will have been shared through from their databases.
- Go into the Curator record > Scroll to the section called 'Artwork Selection' > Click to 'Select Artworks'.
- A pop up will appear from which you'll be able to search all of the artworks added to the site. Click the '+' to add artworks for this curators selection, then click Done.
These will then be automatically sorted into these categories on the front end of the site.