If you are experiencing problems with your Artlogic account and the reason why is unclear, follow the below tests to determine possible causes. These tips are generic, but they can often resolve issues.
Our recommended approach
From time to time you may encounter an issue when using your Artlogic system. This can often be caused by something that is external to the system itself, so when you encounter a problem, it's worth trying to locate the issue and to determine whether it stems from your browser, computer, internet or Artlogic itself. Below we suggest some tips for troubleshooting with this in mind.
If these steps fail to resolve your issue, move to the latter part of this guide for further instructions.
Check your browser
- Firstly, try simply refreshing your browser's Artlogic tab. If this doesn't work, try hard quitting and then re-opening your browser.
- Try logging into your account on another browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, not Internet Explorer.)
- Clear your browser's cache. This varies depending on your computer and browser, so if you are unsure how to do this, do search for this on Google for simple instructions.
- If you're unsure how to do step 3, try logging into your account in an incognito window/ private viewing mode (e.g., Chrome's Incognito mode) and try again. If this has resolved the problem, it is likely that you just need to clear your browser's cache.
- Is your browser up-to-date?
Check your connection
- Check if your colleagues/other devices logged into your Artlogic account? If so, are they experiencing the same issue? For example, if you have two or more devices in the same location, using the same wifi, and only one is working correctly, the issue is likely to stem from your computer and/or its browser. If they too are having the same problem it is likely something more widespread.
- Try using Artlogic with a new internet source (a new wifi source or mobile data), this will help you determine if it is your internet connection or VPN is causing your issue.
Check your operating system
- Is your operating system fully up-to-date?
- Have you recently updated the computer's software or browser? Or is your computer running any very large apps or demanding web pages, which could be restricting your device's processing power?
- Restart your computer and try your Artlogic system again.
- Does your user account have the permissions/privileges necessary for the action you are trying to complete? If you are not an administrator of your account, you may be prevented from certain features. Speak to your colleagues for further advice about this.
Still not working?
If you are still experiencing issues with your account get in touch and we'd be more than happy to help. If you follow the tips below it will help us to find answers for you as quickly as possible
- Let us know what you have discovered by following the steps above.
- If it's something you can see take screenshots of your issue/s to send us.
- Also please send us URL links to the problematic pages or specific records.
- Load supportdetails.com and screenshot the page that loads. This is an easy way to give us all the specific information we need about the systems you are using.
- Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the above information and explain the issues as best you can.
We'll then review the problem and get back to you as soon as possible with our advice. Our guide How we provide our support explains our approach to support emails in more detail.