This feature is still in beta testing. If you do not have Artlogic Mailings enabled, click here.
Setting up your RSVP buttons.
Setting up your RSVP buttons for a mailing campaign is a multi-step process.
Steps in this guide
- Set up your Marketing & Events list.
- Compose your email.
- Create your Mailing campaign.
- Test your RSVP button.
We advise that you name your Marketing & Events list, your Email, and Mailing Campaign the same name (eg. Upcoming Exhibition March 2020). This is so that you can easily track the connections between them as you follow the process through.
1. Set up your Marketing & Events list
Your Marketing & Events list is where your RSVP replies will be tracked.
- In your database, navigate to Sales & Marketing > Marketing & Events lists (Active).
- New Record.
- Complete the Overview and Contacts section.
- Make sure it is enabled as an Event.
2. Compose your email
Create the body of your email as normal, then follow the steps below to add your RSVP button.
- Drag and drop the RSVP button object over into the body of your email.
- Select your Marketing & Events list from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the RSVP button in the body of the email to adjust the settings.
- Save page.
3. Create your mailing campaign
The Mailing Campaign is where you bring everything together.
- Navigate to Sales & Marketing > Email Marketing Campaigns > Mailing Campaigns.
- Click New Record.
- Under the Email Source, select the email you created from the drop down menu.
- Click the blue 'Set Email Content' button.
- Fill out the next three tabs [Email Settings, Recipients, Send Test Email].
- Before you send your Mailing Campaign out properly in the Send tab, make sure to follow the Testing your RSVP steps in the section below.
4. Test your RSVP button
It is always recommended that you test your RSVP buttons before sending your mailing campaign out to your recipients. You need to ensure that responses are translating correctly through to your Marketing & Events list.
The functionality of RSVP buttons mean that you cannot simply send yourself a test email as you would normally. When the test email lands in your inbox, selecting your attending/not attending buttons will return an error page/ page not found/ a 404 error message. This is because your mailing campaign is not yet live and so will not track your confirmation response.
The workaround below will allow you to create a test campaign, with you/your company email address, so you can test the buttons for real.
- In your database, add a contact category: Contacts > Value lists > Categories. Name the category 'Mailing TEST'.
- Then, go back to your main Contacts page > find your own internal email (ie. email@example.com) > click your contact's edit button and go to the Interest & Categories tab > search for your Mailing Test category > add your contact to this category. You should be the only contact in this category.
- Go to the Mailing campaign linked to your Marketing & Events list, and in the recipients tab, choose to Filter recipients by category, and select the Mailing TEST category you created in step 1.
- The number of contacts should now only be 1 (you) rather than the whole list of recipients you invited;
- You will now need to follow the steps in the mailing campaign and send out a test email. This is to ensure everything else in the body of your email is formatted correctly.
- You can now go ahead and click 'Send this mailing to all selected recipients' (which will just be you).
- This will send out a proper version of this campaign to your email address so that you can test if your RSVP button is working correctly.
- Check your emails for your mailing. Click the 'YES' 'NO' RSVP buttons yourself.
- Go back to your Marketing & Events list and check that your response has been registered correctly by clicking View Report, checking the top categories [i.e Accepted, Don't Know, Declined].
- If they are working, you should receive an auto-response from Artlogic saying that your response has been registered and this information will have been correctly translated over to the Report for this Marketing & Events list.
- If your RSVP button is not working, you will see a 404 error message. If this is the case and you require further assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where will my RSVP responses be tracked?
You can find the answers to your RSVP's by going to: Sales & Marketing > Marketing & Events lists > Active > click on 'View' highlighted in blue to the right of your List > then 'View Report'.
Here you will be able to see your clients responses by clicking on the different categories in the top menu [i.e Invited, Accepted, Nobody Declined, Don't Knows, Nobody Attended].
Can't see any RSVP buttons?
If you do not see any RSVP buttons as an option when composing your email, it could be because the feature is still in beta. You will need to ask us to activate this for you by getting in touch at email@example.com.