How to add and edit new Interest values in your database
Interests are a great way to tag, locate and group your contact records
Adding an Interest
Find and create interests by going to Contacts > Value lists > Interests.
- Create a 'New record’.
- Type in the name of your Interest (i.e. Still life) and then select ‘OK’.
- Then, navigate back to Contacts and either add the Interest manually to an individual record in the ‘Categories & Interests’ tab, or update many records at the same time using the 'Update multiple' tool.
Adding an Artist as an Interest
Add an artist as an interest in order to easily group contacts by their interests.
- Click the 'pencil' icon to edit your chosen contact record.
- Go to the 'Contact narrative' tab and select 'Add narrative note', or select the speech bubble icon in your Contacts list view.
- Type the artist's name into the 'Artist/Interest' search field.
- Your artist's name should appear in a drop-down menu for that field with a paintbrush icon before their name.
- Select the relevant artist, then click 'Save'.
Attaching an Interest to a contact
- Double click to edit the contact record
- Click on the Categories & Interests tab
- Type in the interest in the search bar, or choose to show all to add multiple interests at once.
Where will they show?
Once you've assigned an interest to a contact record, they will also appear under the Lists and Categories tab in the preview pane when you first click on the contact record.